Location: Kemp’s Bay, southeastern shore of Andros Island. 20 minute drive from Congo Town.
Fishery: With expansive oceanside flats, Andros is home to some of the biggest bonefish in the world. Remote, unpressured cays also provide incredible sightfishing for bonefish. The skilled guides are able to put you in position for success regardless of skill level with areas that are sheltered regardless of wind direction. From turtlegrass flats to white sand and mangrove lined creeks, Andros South offers a variety of exciting bonefish action with fish in every size range.
Accomodations: Andros South is a simplistic, laid-back bonefish lodge focused on fishing and island lifestyle. No day spas. Meals consist of fresh local cuisine including lobster, fish and chicken. Rooms are clean and simple with AC and their own bathroom.
- 6:30 AM American-style breakfast and lunch prep for the day
- 7:30 AM Vans depart for dock
- 8:00 AM Boats leave dock (2 anglers and a guide per skiff)
- 4:30 PM Boats return to dock (anglers can request longer fishing days prior to launch)
- 6:30 PM Dinner
- Day 1 Arrive Congo Town, South Andros (COX) in the afternoon. To get to Congo Town, you will need to make travel arrangements through direct-flight charter service via Ft. Lauderdale, or by flying commercial via Nassau, Bahamas. Once arrived, you’ll be met by a lodge representative who will drive you to your accommodations (20 minutes).
- Day 2-6 Full days guided fishing on the flats of Andros.
- Day 7 Depart the lodge after breakfast to Congo Town, to catch flights home. A lodge representative will drive you to the airport according to your flight schedule.
2020 Rates: $4,250-$5,200 plus taxes per person for a 7 night/6 day package.
Included: Accommodations and meals at the lodge, beer/wine/hard alcohol, transfers between Congo Town airport and the lodge, all ground transportation on South Andros, guided fishing, a selection of flies and/or terminal tackle, Bahamas VAT tax.
Not Included: Airfare to/from Congo Town (South Andros Airport), clothing, staff and guide gratuities.
Season: October – June
Capacity: 12 anglers
All arrangements are handled by our trusty friends at Fly Water Travel.
- Beck’s Sili Legs – #6 Chartreuse, #4 Chartreuse
- Gotcha – #6, #4, #2
- Bunny Gotcha – #6 Tan/Pink
- Mantis Shrimp – #6, #4, #2
- Bonefish Scampi – #6 Bead Chain Pink, #4 Lead Eye Pink
- EP Bahamas Shrimp – #6 Pink
- EP Spawning Shrimp – #6 BC Tan, #4 BC Tan, #4 Tan
- Bone Appetite – #4 Tan, #2 Tan, #4 Pink, #2 Pink
- EP Crab – #8 Golden Sand
- Sandy’s Cracked Crab – #4
Andros Bonefish Box
- Ka-Cudda – 2/0
- J-Rae Cuda Killer – 2/0 Chartreuse
- Cuda Snack – 3/0 Chartreuse
- Fast-action 9′ 8 weight for bonefish
- Fast-action 9′ 9 or 10 weight for barracuda if you wish to target some of the big ‘cudas in Andros
- Durable 8 weight size reel with smooth drag system and at least 150 yds of #20 backing
- Durable 9 or 10 weight size reel with smooth drag system and at least 200 yds of #20 or #30 backing for barracudas if you wish
- Weight forward tropical floating WF8F fly line, that loads easy, punches into the wind and can be presented softly. For bonefish.
- Weight forward tropical floating WF9F or WF10F fly line, that punches into the wind and carries big flies. For barracuda.
Bonefish Leaders & Tippet
- RIO Saltwater Leader – 16 lb
- RIO Bonefish Leader – 12 lb
- RIO Fluoroflex Saltwater Tippet – 12 lb, 16 lb
Barracuda Leaders & Tippet
- RIO Saltwater Leader – 20 lb
- RIO Toothy Critter Leader – 20 lb (bronze or silver)
- RIO Powerflex Wire Bite Tippet – 20 lb
- Sun protection is critical. Lightweight, quick-drying technical fishing apparel with built-in UPF protection is best.
- Simms Zipit II booties are perfect for wading sessions.