Location: East side of South Andros Island.
Fishery: It’s all about the bonefish. You’ll have access to vast unpressured flats, to creeks, to bights, to cays and to pristine white sand where the bonefish can be abundant to say the least. You’ll also have the option to head to the south west flats of the island where the shots won’t be as plentiful, but they’ll be at some of the biggest bonefish in the world. The same area that offers the opportunity at a grand slam – bonefish, permit, and tarpon.
Accomodations: Bairs Lodge is intimate and cheerful. Although simple, the amenities are borderline luxurious. Attention to detail is relentless and the veteran staff deserves its reputation of quality and friendliness. Food consists of superb local specialties with fresh seafood being the foundation. Rooms are charming and air conditioned with their own private bathrooms. WiFi is available.
- 7:00 AM Breakfast
- 8:00 AM Boats leave dock (located right by the lodge, guide brings lunch)
- 4:00 – 5:00 PM Boats return to dock
- 5:30 PM Appetizers
- 7:00 PM Dinners
- Day 1 Arrive Congo Town. Transfer to lodge (approx. 20 minutes) and get settled in.
- Day 2-7 Full days guided fishing.
- Day 8 Depart Lodge.
Per person based on double occupancy:
7 night/6 day package: $6,395
6 night/5 day package: $5,995
5 night/4 day package: $5,395
4 night/3 day package: $4,495
3 night/2 day package: $3,595
Included: Accommodations and meals at the lodge, wines, beer local spirits and non-alcoholic drinks, roundtrip transfers from Congo Town to the lodge, lodge kayak, daily maid service, all Bahamian taxes.
Not Included: Airfare, laundry service, staff and guide gratuities.
Season: October – March (High Season) or March – July (Peak Season)
Capacity: 12 anglers
All arrangements are handled by our trusty friends at Fly Water Travel.
- Beck’s Sili Legs – #6 Chartreuse, #4 Chartreuse
- Gotcha – #8, #6, #4
- Mantis Shrimp – #8, #6, #4
- Bonefish Scampi – #6 Bead Chain Pink, #4 Lead Eye Pink
- EP Spawning Shrimp – #6 BC Tan, #4 BC Tan, #4 Tan
- Bone Appetite – #2 Tan, #2 Pink
- EP Crab – #8 Tan, #8 BC Tan
- Spawning Mantis – #6 Tan/Orange
Andros Bonefish Box
- Ka-Cudda – 2/0
- J-Rae Cuda Killer – 2/0 Chartreuse
- EP Spawning Shrimp – #1 Tan
- Colby’s Corona Crab – #2
- Slater’s Strong Arm Merkin – #2
- Lexo’s One Armed Bandit – #2 Sand
- Tarpon Tapa – #1/0 Tan/Brown
- EP Tarpon SP Bunny – #2/0 Black/Purple
- EP Peanut Butter – #2/0 Black/Purple
- Tarpon Toad – #1/0 Chartreuse
- Bunny Tarpon Toad – #1/0 Black/Purple, #1/0 Chartreuse
- Polar Fiber Minnow – #2 White
- Fast-action 9′ 8 weight for bonefish
- Fast-action 9′ 10 weight for barracuda, permit and tarpon
- Durable 8 weight size reel with smooth drag system and at least 150 yds of #20 backing
- Durable 10 weight size reel with smooth drag system and at least 200 yds of #30 backing for barracuda, permit and tarpon
- Weight forward tropical floating WF8F fly line, that loads easy, punches into the wind and can be presented softly. For bonefish.
- Weight forward tropical floating WF10F fly line, that punches into the wind and carries big flies. For barracuda, permit and tarpon.
Bonefish & Permit
- RIO Saltwater Leader – 16 lb
- RIO Bonefish Leader – 12 lb
- RIO Fluoroflex Saltwater Tippet – 12 lb, 16 lb, 20 lb
- RIO Saltwater Leader – 20 lb
- RIO Toothy Critter Leader – 20 lb (bronze or silver)
- RIO Powerflex Wire Bite Tippet – 20 lb
- RIO Saltwater Leader – 20 lb
- RIO Fluoroflex Saltwater Tippet – 40 lb, 60 lb
- Sun protection is critical. Lightweight, quick-drying technical fishing apparel with built-in UPF protection is best.
- Simms Zipit II booties are perfect for wading sessions.