Location: The Henry’s Fork of the Snake River in Island Park, Idaho.
Fishery: You’ll be fishing what is widely regarded as the finest dry fly stream in the world, the Henry’s Fork of the Snake River. With 50 miles of varied water, the fishing for wild rainbow and brown trout can be as challenging or easy as you’d like to make it. You’ll fish both by wading and by drift boat. In addition to the Henry’s Fork, the lodge is situated in which you’ll have the opportunity to fish some of the country’s other greatest rivers: the Madison, Gallatin, Yellowstone, Firehole and South Fork of the Snake.
Accomodations: Designed by award winning architect Joseph Esherick – there’s six units in the main lodge two of them are deluxe with fireplaces and great river views. There’s also eight cottage suites with private bedrooms and fireplaces. The daily-changing menus comprise of fresh and largely locally-sourced ingredients.
You’ll be fishing with some of the best guides in The West. Fishing schedules are extremely flexible, chefs will even adjust meal times so that you don’t miss evening hatches.
- Day 1 Arrive Henry’s Fork Lodge.
- Day 2-6 Full days of guided fishing.
- Day 7 Depart lodge.
Per person based on double occupancy:
6 night/5 day package: $4,450
5 night/4 day package: $4,140
4 night/3 day package: $3,247.50
3 night/2 day package: $2,355
Variable length stays welcome. Please inquire.
Included: Accommodations and meals at the lodge, transportation between the lodge and either the Idaho Falls or West Yellowstone airports, pre-dinner beverages, appetizers, guided fishing.
Not Included: Airfare, lodging tax, fishing license, staff and guide gratuities, flies, fly fishing tackle.
Season: May – October.
Capacity: 24 anglers.
All arrangements are handled by our trusty friends at Fly Water Travel.
Dry Flies & Terrestrials
- Parachute Adams – #16, #12
- Crystal Stimulator – #16 Yellow, #8 Royal
- Elk Hair Caddis – #16, #12
- Rainy’s Kurt’s Mini Head Turner – #10
- Furmisky’s Hot Legs Hopper – #10 Yellow
- Humpy – #14 Yellow, #14 Royal
- Crystal Wing Spinner – #16 Rusty, #18 Rusty
- Hi-Vis Ant – #16
- RIO’s Chernobyl Ant – #10 Brown/Gold
- Lawson’s Green Para Drake – #10 Green
- Gold Bead Prince Nymph – #14, #12, #10
- Gold Bead Hare’s Ear – #16, #14, #12
- Gold Bead Pheasant Tail – #18, #16, #14
- Deep Sparkle Pupa – #16 Brown/Bright Green
- Mop Fly – #14 Grey, #14 Tan
- Squirmy Wormy – #12 Red
- Tungsten Pat’s Rubber Legs – #10 Tan/Brown, #10 Brown/Black
- Copper John – #18, #16, #14
- Muddler Minnow – #4
- Clouser Minnow – #6 White, #2 White
- Galloup’s Monkey – #2 Olive
- Gold Bead Crystal Bugger – #6 Black, #6 Olive
- Kure’s Rabbit Zonker – #6 Olive
- Sculpinator – #4 Olive
- 9′ 5 weight with a medium to fast action suitable for dry fly, nymph and streamer fishing.
- A fast action 9′ 6 weight if you’d like it for streamers.
- A 5 weight sized reel
- A 6 weight sized reel if you’re bringing a streamer rod
Waders & Boots
- Bring lightweight, quick-drying technical fishing apparel as well as preparation for colder weather such as a warm, wind-breaking jacket and layers.