Save 10% on Materials with the Kit
Shrimp – the fruit of the sea! And of the backcountry, for where Capt. Mark Giacobba designed this fly to look like a shrimp, act like a shrimp and get eaten like a shrimp. As I scarf down a shrimp taco while writing this description, I can’t help but daydream about Giacobba’s Skrimp scooting past a mangrove root where a slobby snook waits in ambush mode.
Skrimp 1/0 (original Skrimp variation)
- Thread: Ultra Thread 210 – Brown
- Hook: Gamakatsu SC15 – 1/0
- Eyes: Bead Chain Eyes – XL Black
- Egg Sac: Estaz – Amber Orange
- Tail: Extra-Select Craft Fur – Tan
- Body: EP Minnow Head Brush 1.5″ – Shrimp Tan
- Antennae: Dry Fly Rooster Neck – #2 Red Grizzly
Use a brown marker to bar the tail. We recommend the Dark Brown colored PrismColor Marker.