Location: A private island, 5 minutes (by ferry) from the east end of Grand Bahama Island.
Fishery: Deep Water Cay is a trophy bonefish destination. With most fish in the 2-8lb range, the 10lb bonefish is not uncommon here. The remote and expansive flats of east Grand Bahama Island have a lot to offer both in scenery and experience. You’ll be wading hard white sand where seeing fish is easy or you’ll be poling luscious turtlegrass flats. The flats by the lodge also make for a great after dinner tailer session.
Accomodations: The granddaddy of bonefish lodges has hosted legends and pioneers of fly fishing and has earned its legacy. Fresh local ingredients make up the blend of Bahamian, West Indian and Continental cuisines. With professional chefs, the veteran lodge takes food seriously. DWC also offers amazing snorkeling and other non-fishing water activities. Service is top notch and amenities are of a luxurious nature.
- 7:30 AM Breakfast and coffee
- 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM Guided fishing, pre-ordered picnic lunch on water
- 4:30 PM Cocktails and light appetizers are served dockside
- 6:30 – 7:30 PM Hors d’oeuvres and cocktails
- 7:30 PM Dinner
Rates: At time of writing, subject to change $5,514-$5,881 plus taxes and fees per person for a 7 night/6 day package
Included: Accommodations, breakfast, lunch and dinner, professional guided fishing.
Not Included: Airfare, ground transfer to/from airport on Grand Bahama Island, guide gratuity, tackle rental, alcoholic beverages, 10% Bahamian lodging tax, 12% resort service fee.
Capacity: 20+ anglers
All arrangements are handled by our trusty friends at Fly Water Travel.
- Mantis Shrimp – #8, #6, #4
- Gotcha – #8, #6, #4
- Gotcha Weedless – #6 Tan/Pearl, #6 Pink, #4 Tan/Pearl, #4 Pink
- EP Ghost Shrimp – #6 Tan
- Christmas Island Special – #6 Orange
- Meko Special – #6, #4, #6 Deep, #4 Deep
- EP Spawning Shrimp – #6 BC Tan, #4 BC Tan, #4 Tan
- EP Micro Crab BC – #8 Tan
- Sun protection is critical. Lightweight, quick-drying technical fishing apparel with built-in UPF protection is best.
- Simms Zipit II booties are perfect for wading sessions
- You’ll want to change into something fresh after fishing to enjoy Deep Water Cay’s luxurious yet relaxed amenities.