Location: Southwest Colorado, approximately 20 miles from Pagosa Springs.
Fishery: While staying at El Rancho Pinoso you are to fish two exclusive stretches of beautiful private water. The RIO Blanco and the Weminuche River. The RIO Blanco is 3 miles of easy wading and deep pools dominated by rainbow trout around 16-21″. The Weminuche is a fully restored, meandering meadow system with 7 miles of private water. This excellent dry fly and hopper stream boasts good populations of both browns and rainbows, including some very large browns.
Accomodations: Accomodations include two fully restored historic cabins. The Log Cabin sleeps seven. The Cowboy House sleeps eight. Both feature a full kitchen, living room with fireplace, washer & dryer, and internet access. Three meals per day are prepared by a private chef.
Due to the exclusive nature of El Rancho Pinoso, fishing schedules can be very flexible for what you would like to do. But typically anglers are picked up at 8:00AM and returned to the cabins at 6:00PM. The Weminuche is an 80 minute drive from the lodge. The Rio Blanco is the property’s home water. It is easier to return to the cabin for lunch if you’re fishing the Rio Blanco. Head guide and manager is Dave Liebson working with him will be local freelance guides so El Rancho asks that guides be tipped directly at the end of each day.
- Day 1 Arrive El Rancho Pinoso after 4:00 PM. Get settled in and tour the property.
- Day 2-5 Five full days of guided fishing on the two Lindner properties.
- Day 6 Check out by 11:00 AM and depart for home or points beyond.
Per person based on double occupancy
At time of writing, subject to change
7 night/6 day package: $5,448
6 night/5 day package: $4,669
5 night/4 day package: $3,889
4 night/3 day package: $3,229
3 night/2 day package: $2,378
Variable length stays welcome. Please inquire.
Included: Accommodations, meals, guided fishing, flies and terminal tackle, horse back riding and tax.
Not Included: Round trip airfare and transportation to the lodge, alcohol, fishing licenses, staff and guide gratuities.
Season: June 20th to October 1st.
Capacity: 12 guests (8 anglers). Exclusive use is available for parties of four or more.
All arrangements are handled by our trusty friends at Fly Water Travel.
Dry Flies & Terrestrials
- Parachute Adams – #16, #12
- Crystal Stimulator – #16 Yellow, #8 Royal
- Elk Hair Caddis – #16, #12
- Rainy’s Kurt’s Mini Head Turner – #10
- Furmisky’s Hot Legs Hopper – #10 Yellow
- Humpy – #14 Yellow, #14 Royal
- Crystal Wing Spinner – #16 Rusty, #18 Rusty
- Hi-Vis Ant – #16
- RIO’s Chernobyl Ant – #10 Brown/Gold
- Lawson’s Green Para Drake – #10 Green
- Gold Bead Prince Nymph – #14, #12, #10
- Gold Bead Hare’s Ear – #16, #14, #12
- Gold Bead Pheasant Tail – #18, #16, #14
- Deep Sparkle Pupa – #16 Brown/Bright Green
- Mop Fly – #14 Grey, #14 Tan
- Squirmy Wormy – #12 Red
- Tungsten Pat’s Rubber Legs – #10 Tan/Brown, #10 Brown/Black
- Copper John – #18, #16, #14
- Muddler Minnow – #4
- Clouser Minnow – #6 White, #2 White
- Galloup’s Monkey – #2 Olive
- Gold Bead Crystal Bugger – #6 Black, #6 Olive
- Kure’s Rabbit Zonker – #6 Olive
- Sculpinator – #4 Olive
- 9′ 5 weight with a medium to fast action suitable for dry fly, nymph and streamer fishing.
- A fast action 9′ 6 weight if you’d like it for streamers.
- A 5 weight sized reel
- A 6 weight sized reel if you’re bringing a streamer rod
- Weight forward cold water floating WF5F fly line
- Weight forward cold water sink-tip WF6F line if you’re bring a streamer rod.
Leaders & Tippet
- Orvis SuperStrong Plus Leader – 9ft/4X, 9ft/3X
- RIO Powerflex Tippet – 5X, 4X, 3X
- Orvis Mirage Fluorocarbon Tippet – 5X
Waders & Boots
- Bring lightweight, quick-drying technical fishing apparel as well as preparation for colder weather such as a warm, wind-breaking jacket and layers.