Location: Southwest Montana approximately 15 minutes from Twin Bridges.
Fishery: You’ll be able to choose between floating the larger rivers like the Beaverhead, Big Hole, Jefferson and Madison or wading smaller meadow streams like the Ruby, the Upper Clark Fork, South Boulder or Flint Creek. You’ll be accompanied by one of the most experienced, knowledgeable and personable guide staffs in Montana while you fish these breathtaking rivers and streams for beautiful browns and rainbows in a range of sizes.
Accomodations: You’ll enjoy clean, comfortable, spacious rooms with two queen sized beds, private bathroom and porches with magnificent views. Laundry service, a large outdoor hot tub, and an exercise room are also available. Meals are fresh and well-balanced, often featuring herbs and produce from local gardens.
In the morning your guide will pick you up at your front door, you’ll discuss the day’s game plan and head out to your elected river or stream. If you’re not sure where you want to fish, your guide will of course have recommendations. On the water your guide will provide refreshments, bottled water, a hearty lunch and snacks. You’ll be returned to the lodge in time for appetizers and refreshments at 7PM and dinner at 7:30PM.
Per person based on double occupancy
At time of writing, subject to change
7 night/6 day package: $5,805
6 night/5 day package: $4,990
5 night/4 day package: $4,175
4 night/3 day package: $3,360
3 night/2 day package: $2,550
Variable length stays welcome. Please inquire for rates.
Included: Lodging, meals, guided fishing, beer, wine, fly fishing equipment, all terminal tackle, and hospitality staff gratuities, tax.
Not Included: Airfare, transportation to/from the lodge, fishing licenses, private water rod fees (most fishing is done on public water, but you may elect to fish private water), hard alcohol, and guide gratuities.
Season: May to October.
Capacity: 18 anglers.
All arrangements are handled by our trusty friends at Fly Water Travel.
Dry Flies & Terrestrials
- Parachute Adams – #16, #12
- Crystal Stimulator – #16 Yellow, #8 Royal
- Elk Hair Caddis – #16, #12
- Rainy’s Kurt’s Mini Head Turner – #10
- Furmisky’s Hot Legs Hopper – #10 Yellow
- Humpy – #14 Yellow, #14 Royal
- Crystal Wing Spinner – #16 Rusty, #18 Rusty
- Hi-Vis Ant – #16
- RIO’s Chernobyl Ant – #10 Brown/Gold
- Lawson’s Green Para Drake – #10 Green
- Gold Bead Prince Nymph – #14, #12, #10
- Gold Bead Hare’s Ear – #16, #14, #12
- Gold Bead Pheasant Tail – #18, #16, #14
- Deep Sparkle Pupa – #16 Brown/Bright Green
- Mop Fly – #14 Grey, #14 Tan
- Squirmy Wormy – #12 Red
- Tungsten Pat’s Rubber Legs – #10 Tan/Brown, #10 Brown/Black
- Copper John – #18, #16, #14
- Muddler Minnow – #4
- Clouser Minnow – #6 White, #2 White
- Galloup’s Monkey – #2 Olive
- Gold Bead Crystal Bugger – #6 Black, #6 Olive
- Kure’s Rabbit Zonker – #6 Olive
- Sculpinator – #4 Olive
- 9′ 5 weight with a medium to fast action suitable for dry fly, nymph and streamer fishing.
- A fast action 9′ 6 weight if you’d like it for streamers.
- A 5 weight sized reel
- A 6 weight sized reel if you’re bringing a streamer rod
- Weight forward cold water floating WF5F fly line
- Weight forward cold water sink-tip WF6F line if you’re bring a streamer rod.
Leaders & Tippet
- Orvis SuperStrong Plus Leader – 9ft/4X, 9ft/3X
- RIO Powerflex Tippet – 5X, 4X, 3X
- Orvis Mirage Fluorocarbon Tippet – 5X
Waders & Boots
- Bring lightweight, quick-drying technical fishing apparel as well as preparation for colder weather such as a warm, wind-breaking jacket and layers.