Location: Kanektok River, Western Alaska.
Fishery: You’ll be fishing the incredibly prolific Kanetok River, which has runs of 5 of the 6 pacific salmon species as well as rainbow trout, dolly varden and grayling. Down river of camp king salmon hold and large rainbows lie in the larger water and silver salmon load up in the slower backwaters. Upriver of camp you’ll be able to fish for salmon, trout and dollys in smaller water. Wading is easy and you’ll be transferred to spots on the river via jet boats. Wading is easy and you’ll be fishing with Alaska West’s experienced guides. Most of the fishing is done wading but you can also opt in for drift-boat type drifts down the river.
Accomodations: This tent-lodge is made up of permanent and semi-permanent structures designed to combine comfortable living, eating, and lounging areas alongside the incredible river.
- Day 1 Arrive in Anchorage and overnight at your elected accommodations (arranged independently, not included in package).
- Day 2 Take a cab or shuttle to your charter flight. (Charter flight is pre-arranged and is an additional cost). In Quinhagak, you will be met by members of the Alaska West staff and transported by jet boat (approximately 25 minutes) upstream to the camp.
- Day 3-8 Six full days of guided fishing.
- Day 9 On your departure day you will have breakfast and then be transported by jet boat to Quinhagak. You will depart Quinhagak at approximately 1pm.
Per person based on double occupancy:
At time of writing, subject to change
7 night/6 day package: $6,595 plus $900 round trip charter flight
Included: Accommodations and meals at the lodge, guided fishing, limited selection of flies and/or terminal tackle, transportation between Quinhagak and the lodge.
Not Included: Round trip airfare to Anchorage, accommodations and meals in Anchorage, alcohol, staff and guide gratuities.
King Salmon (Chinook): June – July
Red Salmon (Sockeye): June – July
Silver Salmon (Coho): Late July – August
Pink Salmon: July – Early August
Chum Salmon: June – August
Rainbow Trout: June – August
Dolly Varden: June – August
Grayling: June – August
Capacity: 18 anglers
All arrangements are handled by our trusty friends at Fly Water Travel.
King Salmon Flies
- Guide Intruder – Black 1/0, Chartreuse 1/0, Pink 1/0
- Hoh Bo Spey – Black/Blue #2, Chartreuse/Blue #2, Orange/Pink #2
Coho Salmon Flies
- Clouser Minnow – Pink/White #6
- Egg Sucking Leech – Purple #4
- Hoh Bo Spey – Orange/Pink #2
Salmon, Trout, Dolly Varden, Grayling Flies
- Parachute Adams – #16, #14, #12
- Parachute Adams Purple – #16, #14, #12
- Elk Hair Caddis – #14 Natural, #12 Natural
- Crystal Stimulator – #10 Yellow, #8 Royal
- Griffith’s Gnat – #18
- Gold Bead Pheasant Tail – #18, #16, #14
- Copper John – #18, #16, #14
- Gold Bead Prince Nymph – #18, #16, #14
- Egg Fly – Fl Orange #8, Pink #8
- Egg Sucking Leech – Black #4, Purple #4
- Ruby Eyed Leech – Black/Red #8
- Lord Of The Fry – #6
- Double Bunny – Olive/White #2
- Sculpzilla – Natural #8, Olive #8
- Steeve’s Loco Mouse – #6
King Salmon Outfit
- 12′ 9 weight spey outfit. (Although we don’t carry spey outfits we can special order them for you, contact us to proceed.)
Coho Salmon, Sockeye Salmon, Chum Salmon Outfit
- Medium to fast action rod 9′ 8 weight rod with a durable sealed drag reel.
Trout, Dolly Varden, Pink Salmon, Grayling Outfit
- Medium to fast action rod 9′ 5 or 6 weight rod with a durable sealed drag reel.
- Skagit heads and sinking tips for king salmon spey outfits. (Although we do not carry lines for spey, we can special order them for you. Contact us to proceed.)
- Weight forward cold water WF8F floating line for coho, sockeye and chum salmon outfit. A WF8F/S3 15ft sink tip line also for this outfit.
- Weight forward cold water WF5F or WF6F floating line for trout, pink salmon, dolly varden and grayling outfit.
Waders & Boots
- Felt boots are not allowed. Please bring Vibram rubber soled wading boots.
- Bring lightweight, quick-drying technical fishing apparel as a base layer, and cold weather gear as outer layer.