Location: 22 mile archipelago in the Caribbean Sea 80 miles north of Caracas, Venezuela
Fishery: Considered one of the world’s premier bonefish destinations for its abundance of fish, diversity of wading opportunities and magnificent scenery. The average bonefish range from 3-4 pounds with some real good shots at 5+ pounders and a 10+ pound fish not outside the realm of possibility. You’ll be wading for tailing and cruising fish on everything from turtlegrass flats to white hard sand. If you’re up to it, there are also opportunities to fish for jacks, barracuda and tarpon.
Accomodations: Tasteful single and double occupancy rooms with air conditioner and private bath. The four course meals served by owner of the lodge and master chef Angelo Belvedere represent the local seafood scene and are out of this world. You’ll relax and dream about the next day’s fishing on the rooftop lounging area.
- 7:00 AM Breakfast
- 7:30 AM Depart for the flats
- 12:30-1:30 PM Lunch will be served depending upon the fishing and angler needs
- 4:00 PM Anglers typically return to the lodge
- 5:30 PM Hors d’oeuvres are served. Late afternoon naps fit well into the schedule
- 7:30-8:00 PM Dinner
- Day 1 Arrive Caracas and overnight.
- Day 2 Fly from Caracas to Los Roques. First day of fishing.
- Day 3-6 4 full days of fishing.
- Day 7 Full day of fishing. Fly back to Caracas and overnight.
- Day 8 Fly home.
Per person based on double occupancy:
7 night/6 day package: $4,250
6 night/5 day package: $3,790
5 night/4 day package: $3,290
4 night/3 day package: $2,895
Included: Round-trip flight between Caracas and Los Roques, accommodations and meals at Acuarela Lodge, all ground transfers, guided fishing, fishing licenses and permits.
Not Included: Airfare to/from Caracas, meals and beverages in Caracas, Los Roques National Park Entry Fee, domestic departure tax, international departure tax, alcoholic beverages (except beers on the boat), laundry service, phone calls, overweight baggage, and staff and guide gratuities, visa processing fees.
Season: February – October
Capacity: 18 anglers
All arrangements are handled by our trusty friends at Fly Water Travel.
- Bonefish Bitters – #6 Amber, #6 Olive, #6 Hermit Crab
- Christmas Island Special – #6 Orange
- Crazy Charlie – #6 White
- EP Crab – #8 Tan, #8 Olive
- Gotcha Weedless – #6 Tan/Pearl, #4 Tan/Pearl
- EP Spawning Shrimp – #6 BC Tan, #4 BC Tan, #4 Tan
- Gummy Minnow – #6 Clear
- Mantis Shrimp – #8 Tan, #6 Tan
- Mini Puff – #6 Pink
- Gummy Minnow Big Game – #2 Pearl
- Big Eye Tarpon Fly – 1/0 Sand Devil, 1/0 Brown
- Bunny Tarpon Toad – 1/0 Chartreuse, 1/0 Purple/Black
- Megalopsicle – 1/0 Chartreuse/Yellow, 1/0 Purple/Black, 1/0 Tan/Orange
- EP Tarpon Streamer – 2/0 Black/Purple, 2/0 Brown/Tan, 2/0 Black/Red
Jacks and Barracuda Flies
- Cuda Snack – 3/0 Chartreuse
- CF Whistler – 1/0 Red/Yellow
- Crease Fly – 1/0 Olive Back, 3/0 Black Back
- Mushmouth Mini – 1/0 Chartreuse/Pearl
- Fast-action 9′ 8 weight
- Fast-action 9′ 9 weight
- Durable 8 weight size reel with smooth drag system and at least 150 yds of #20 backing
- Durable 9 weight size reel with smooth drag system and at least 175 yds of #20 or #30 backing
- Weight forward tropical floating WF8F fly line, that loads easy, punches into the wind and can be presented softly.
- Weight forward tropical floating WF9F fly line, that loads easy, punches into the wind and can be presented softly.
Bonefish Leaders & Tippet
- RIO Saltwater Leader – 16 lb
- RIO Bonefish Leader – 12 lb
- RIO Fluoroflex Saltwater Tippet – 12 lb, 16 lb
Tarpon and Jacks Leaders & Tippet
- RIO Saltwater Leader – 20 lb
- RIO Fluoroflex Saltwater Tippet – 25lb, 30lb, 40lb
Barracuda Leaders & Tippet
- RIO Saltwater Leader – 20 lb
- RIO Toothy Critter Leader – 20 lb (bronze or silver)
- RIO Powerflex Wire Bite Tippet – 20 lb
- Sun protection is critical. Lightweight, quick-drying technical fishing apparel with built-in UPF protection is best.
- Simms Flats Sneakers provide the protection and support needed for all-day wading.