Location: Cocodrie, Southern Louisiana
Fishery: You’ll be fishing some of the world’s most productive flats for big bull redfish. The simply beautiful marshlands of southern Louisiana with their mazes of channels, flats and islands will be home as you depart on skiffs from the mothership to chase these giant redfish. Redfish that get up to 40lbs and eat flies with a smile on their faces, often extremely close to the skiff. Not to mention the giant black drum and sheepshead that inhabit the marsh and take nicely to a well presented fly.
Accomodations: You’ll be staying on Eleven Experience’s 61’ Hatteras Mothership called the Outpost. It’s a a beautifully restored vessel that features four comfortable and well-appointed private staterooms and bathrooms. Each evening fine cuisine is served consisting of seafood, meat and fresh produce.
The Outpost Mothership provides maximum flexibility for your fishing schedule. You can have a quick continental breakfast and depart early. Or you can relax in the morning with a full hot breakfast and give the sun a chance to come out before heading out. You can spend all day on the water with a packed lunch, or you can return to the mothership for lunch and a nap before heading back out.
Per person based on single occupancy and shared guiding:
At time of writing, subject to change
5 night/5 day package: $6,000 (based on group of 4)
4 night/4 day package: $4,800 (based on group of 4)
3 night/3 day package: $3,600 (based on group of 4)
Included: Accommodations, meals and beverages including alcohol on the mothership, round-trip ground/water transport to the yacht, guided fishing, all fishing tackle, equipment and flies.
Not Included: All airfare, staff and fishing guide gratuities, any lodging/meals/beverages not aboard the mothership.
Season: November – January
Capacity: 4 anglers
All arrangements are handled by our trusty friends at Fly Water Travel.
- Banger – 4/0 Chartreuse
- Blind Faith Merkwan – #4 Tan
- Captain Gregg – #2 Purple/Tan
- Lexo’s Mud Puppy – #1 Purple
- RIO’s Hopedale Crab – 1/0 Brown, 1/0 Chartreuse
- Sandbar Mullet – 1/0 Purple/Black
- EP Louisiana Red’s – 2/0 Speckled Gold, 2/0 Root Beer
Save 10% vs Getting Each Fly and the Box Individually
- Fast-action 9′ 8 or 9 weight
- Fast-action 9′ 10 weight
- Durable 8 or 9 weight size reel with smooth drag system
- Durable 10 weight size reel with smooth drag system
- Weight forward, aggressive taper, cold-water floating WF8F or Wf9F line.
- Weight forward, aggressive taper, cold-water floating WF10F line.
Redfish Leaders & Tippet
- RIO Redfish/Seatrout Leader – 16 lb
- RIO Saltwater Mono – 16lb, 20lb, 30lb
- Bring lightweight, quick-drying technical fishing apparel as well as preparation for colder weather such as a wind-breaking jacket and layers.