Location: The Seychelles, approx. 1,000 miles off the coast of Africa in the Indian Ocean
Fishery: Every day you’ll be ferried from Alphonse Island to St. Francois Lagoon. The jewel of the Seychelles. Known for its incredible bonefishing (possibly the best on earth) both in size and sheer numbers of fish. As well as indo-pacific permit and GTs. Most of the fishing is done wading the flats. If conditions are right for it, you could also opt-in for some fishing from the skiffs for GTs and milkfish. Alphonse and the St. Francois Lagoon system are described by many who have experienced it as the best saltwater sight fishing they’ve ever experienced.
Accomodations: A paradise of a resort consisting of 10 beachfront air-conditioned chalets (high-end cottages). The food is world-class and in addition to the fishing there are a ton of other activities including diving, snorkeling and tennis.
- 6:00 AM Breakfast
- 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM Ferry to St Francois Lagoon, then onto the skiffs and fishing until return ferry to Alphonse. (Lunch on the water)
- 5:00 PM Arrive back at resort
- Wednesday Depart home(most US anglers fly trough Dubai).
- Friday Arrive Mahe and overnight.
- Saturday Charter Flight from Mahe to Alphonse.
- Sunday-Friday Six Full days guided fishing.
- Saturday Depart island for Mahe and points beyond.
Per person based on single occupancy beach bungalow and shared guiding:
7 night/6 day package: $10,760 plus $175 conservation fee
Included: Accommodations and meals at the lodge, meet and greet in Mahe, round-trip airfare between Mahe and Alphonse Island, guided fishing with shared guide and skiff, park fees(fishing package).
Not Included: Airfare to/from Mahe, accommodations, and meals in Mahe, transportation services on Mahe (if needed), alcoholic beverages and soft drinks, staff and guide gratuities, items of a personal nature, including fishing tackle and any other items not specifically listed in the inclusions.
Season: October – April
Capacity: 12 anglers
All arrangements are handled by our trusty friends at Fly Water Travel.
- Beck’s Sili Legs – #6 Chartreuse, #6 Tan
- Gotcha – #6
- Crazy Charlie – #6 Tan
- Clouser Minnow – #6 Chartreuse/White, #6 Golden Shiner
- Mantis Shrimp – #6
- EP Spawning Shrimp – #4 BC Tan, #4 Tan
- Rag Head Crab – #6, #2
- EP Fleeing Crab – #1 Sand
- EP Descendent Crab – 2/0 Tan
- Flexo Crab – #6 Sand, #2 Sand
- Grand Slam Crab – #4 Tan
- GT Brushy Profile – 6/0 Tan
- Tarpon/Pike Snake – 3/0 Black
- EP Mullet – 3/0 Black/Purple, 3/0 Bronze/White
- EP Pike/Offshore – 4/0 Black/Orange
- EP Tinker Mackerel – 3/0 Olive
- NYAP – #6/0 Tan/White
- Fast-action 9′ 8 weight for bonefish
- Fast-action 9′ 9 weight for windier bonefish conditions, triggerfish. For calmer permit, milkfish, smaller trevally conditions
- Fast-action 9′ 10 weight for permit, milkfish, smaller trevally various other species
- Fast-action 9′ 12 weight for GTs
- Durable 8 weight size reel with smooth drag system and at least 150 yds of #20 backing
- Durable 9 & 10 weight size reels with smooth drag system and at least 200 yds of #20 or #30 backing
- Durable 12 weight size reel with smooth, powerful drag system and at least 300yards of Hatch Premium #68 backing
- Weight forward tropical floating WF8F fly line, that loads easy, punches into the wind and can be presented softly.
- Weight forward tropical floating WF9F and WF10F fly lines that load easy, punch into the wind and carry heavy flies.
- Weight forward tropical floating WF12F fly line, that punches into the wind and carries big bulky flies.
Bonefish Leaders & Tippet
- RIO Saltwater Leader – 16 lb
- RIO Bonefish Leader – 12 lb
- RIO Fluoroflex Saltwater Tippet – 12 lb, 16 lb
Permit/Triggerfish Leaders & Tippet
- RIO Saltwater Leader – 16 lb
- RIO Fluoroflex Saltwater Tippet – 16 lb, 20 lb
GT Leaders & Tippet
- RIO Fluoroflex Saltwater Tippet – 80 lb, 100 lb
Multi Species Leaders & Tippet
- RIO Saltwater Leader – 20lb
- RIO Fluoroflex Saltwater Tippet – 25 lb, 30 lb
- Sun protection is critical. Lightweight, quick-drying technical fishing apparel with built-in UPF protection is best.
- Simms Flats Sneakers are excellent for wading around coral