Location: Southernmost atoll in the Seychelles
Fishery: Let’s call it the Seychelles Slam – bonefish, indo-pac permit, and giant trevally. Add a triggerfish, bumphead parrotfish or milkfish and you’ve got the Grand Slam. Farquhar is the place to do it. It is an incredible place to fish with its varied terrain including flats, channels and surf zones. Once the lagoon and flats flood with the tide sight fishing and wading become difficult, so be ready to head out to the blue water with the big artillery for GTs, barracuda, wahoo, yellowfin tuna, dogtooth tuna, grouper, bohar snapper and sailfish.
Accomodations: The lodge is a basic guesthouse with a few simple commodities for comfort: electricity, air conditioning and hot water. Meals (a delicious mix of Creole and international food) are served outside in a covered dining area over looking the water with a magnificent view.
- 2 anglers per boat with a guide
- Majority of the fishing is done wading
- When tides and conditions are right for it GT and bluewater
fishing is done from the boat
- Day 1 Depart from home
- Day 3 Arrive Mahe: Overnight at your elected accommodations
- Day 4 Charter flight from Mahe to Farquhar. If time permits you will be able to fish some of the nearby flats
- Day 5-10 Six days of guided fishing on the flats of the Farquhar
- Day 11 Charter flight from Farquhar to Mahe. Depart for home
- Day 12 Arrive home
2020 Rates: $11,250 plus $175 conservation fee per person for a 7 night/6 day package.
Included: Accommodations and meals/soft drinks/mineral water at the lodge, round-trip transportation between Mahe and Farquhar, guided fishing, fishing license.
Not Included: International airfare, accommodations, meals and ground transfers in Mahe, staff & guide gratuities, alcohol, tackle, and flies.
Season: October – April
Capacity: 10 anglers
All arrangements are handled by our trusty friends at Fly Water Travel.
- Beck’s Sili Legs – #6 Chartreuse
- Gotcha Weedless – #6 Tan/Pear
- Clouser Minnow – #6 Chartreuse/White
- EP Spawning Shrimp – #4 BC Tan, #4 Tan
- EP Crab – #8 Tan
Bumphead Parrotfish and Triggerfish Flies
- Contraband Crab – #4 Tan
- Rag Head Crab – #2 Tan
- Belly Flop Crab – #2 Tan
- Grand Slam Crab – #4 Tan, #4 White
- Trigger Crab – #2 Cream
- Vlaho’s Combo Crab – #4 Rust
- Flexo Crab – #2 Sand
- Wayne’s Milky Magic – #6
GT and Bluefin Trevally Flies
- GT Brushy Profile – 6/0 Tan
- EP Mullet – 3/0 Black/Purple, 3/0 Bronze/White
- EP Pike/Offshore – 4/0 Black/Orange
- Tarpon/Pike Snake – 3/0 Black
- EP Tinker Mackerel – 3/0 Olive
- NYAP – 6/0 Tan, 6/0 Black
Bluewater and Billfish Flies
- Robrahn’s Bluewater – 6/0 Dark Day, 6/0 Striper
- Rainy’s Tube Popper – 4/0 Hot Pink/White
- Rainy’s CB Poppin Feather-Head – 6/0 Pink/White
- Yak Attack Tube Fly – Pink
- Fast-action 9′ 9 weight for bonefish and triggerfish. If you’d like bring a fast-action 9′ 8 weight as well for bonefish, but if you were only bringing one smaller rod bring a 9 weight.
- Fast-action 9′ 10 weight for triggerfish and various trevally species
- Fast-action 9′ 12 weight for GTs and offshore
- Durable 9 weight size reel with smooth drag system and at least 175 yds of #20 backing, same for an 8 weight if you’re bringing one
- Durable 10 weight size reel with smooth drag system and at least 200 yds of #20 or #30 backing
- Durable 12 weight size reel with smooth drag system and at least 250 yds of #30 backing
- Weight forward tropical floating WF9F (and WF8F if you’re bringing an 8 weight) fly line(s), that loads easy, punches into the wind and can be presented softly.
- Weight forward tropical floating WF10F and WF12F fly lines, that punch into the wind and carry big flies.
Bonefish & Triggerfish Leaders & Tippet
- RIO Saltwater Leader – 16 lb
- RIO Fluoroflex Saltwater Tippet – 16 lb, 20 lb
Smaller Trevally and Misc Species Leaders & Tippet
- RIO Saltwater Leader – 20 lb
- RIO Fluoroflex Saltwater Tippet – 25 lb, 30 lb
GT Leaders & Tippet
- RIO Fluoroflex Saltwater Tippet – 80 lb, 100 lb
- Sun protection is critical. Lightweight, quick-drying technical fishing apparel with built-in UPF protection is best.
- Simms Flats Sneakers are excellent for wading around coral